1. Gather the deck of diversity cards: Start by collecting the Deck of Diversity cards.
2. Choose a letter to explore: Select a letter that you want to focus on for the activity.
3. Pick a card from the deck: From the deck, choose a card that corresponds to the letter you’ve chosen. This card will serve as the topic for exploration.
4. Explore the topic with your students: Engage your students in a discussion about the topic on the card. Encourage them to share their thoughts, experiences, and perspectives related to diversity.
5. Align the topic with a book suggestion: Recommend a book that promotes diversity, belonging, and self-respect for both oneself and others. Connect the theme on the card with the message conveyed in the suggested book.
6. Engage in an activity related to the topic: Plan an activity that relates to the topic on the card. For example, you could have your students make a fruit salad and discuss the diverse variety of fruits, drawing parallels to the diversity found in people.
7. Repeat the process with different cards: Continue exploring and promoting diversity in the classroom by repeating the above steps with different cards from the deck.
Remember to foster open and respectful discussions among your students throughout the activity. Deck of Diversity is a valuable tool for promoting inclusivity and understanding in the classroom setting.
This is just one of the many ways that Deck of Diversity can be used!
Expand your Library, Expand your Mind!